Each Bolus contains:
Meloxicam BP – 100mg.
Excipients – q.s.
Melosafe Bolus is non – steroidal anti – inflammatory drug (NSAID) of the oxicam class which inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandin PGE2 by more selectively inhibiting the inducible cyclo – oxygenase (Cox 2) enzyme, thereby exerting anti – inflammatory, anti – exudative, analgesic and anti – pyretic effects. Meloxicam has also shown to inhibit production of thromboxane B2 induced by intravenous E-coli endotoxin administration in calves.
Broncho – pneumonia
Arthritis (rheumatoid origin also)
Prolapse of uterus
- No effect on the blood pressure, heart rate and respiratory volume.
- No influence on water, electrolyte o r creatinine excretion.
- No changes in hematological parameters.
- No antagonistic properties against histamine, PGE2 and angiotensin.
- Mildest gastric irritation.
large animal: 1 -2 boluses twice daily by oral route.
small animal: 1/2-1 bolus twice daily by oral route.
Storage & Warning
Keep closed in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and safe from children.
Available in all pack sizes.