Each ml contains
Meloxicam BP – 5 mg
Propylene glycol IP – q.s.
Mode of Action
Melosafe is non – steroidal anti – inflammatory drug (NSAID) of the oxicam class which inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandin PGE2 by more selectively inhibiting the inducible cyclo – oxygenase (Cox 2) enzyme, thereby exerting anti – inflammatory, anti – exudative, analgesic and anti – pyretic effects. Meloxicam has also shown to inhibit production of thromboxane B2 induced by intravenous E-coli endotoxin administration in calves.
Prolapse of uterus
0.2 – 0.3 mg / kg B. Wt.
0.2 – 0.5 mg / kg B. Wt.
Single Administration of 0.5 mg / kg body wt for pneumonia or prolapse of uterus (30 ml for 300 kg bdy wt); in other indications 0.2 – 0.3 mg / kg bdy wt (15 ml for 375 kg bdy wt), to be repeated daily or as directed by Veterinarian.
IM, IV or Subcutaneous
- No effect on the blood pressure, heart rate and respiratory volume.
- No influence on water, electrolyte o r creatinine excretion.
- No changes in hematological parameters.
- No antagonistic properties against histamine, PGE2 and angiotensin.
- Mildest gastric irritation.
Storage & Warning
Keep closed in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and safe from children
Available in 30ml /100ml pack sizes.