Each Bolus contains
Ofloxacin 600 mg
Ornidazole 1500 mg
Mode of Action
Safegyl-OZ Bolus contains ofloxacin which is a broad-spectrum Quinolones, which is active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It functions by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase which is an enzyme necessary to separate replicated DNA, thereby inhibiting bacterial cell division. Ornidazole is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative active against protozoa and anaerobic bacteria. It is converted to reduction products that interact with DNA to cause destruction of helical DNA structure and strand leading to a protein synthesis inhibition and cell death in susceptible organisms.
- It can be used as an ideal antidiarrheal drug.
- Targeted Species: Cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats & camel.
- Highly effective against severe diarrhoea and dysentery
- Reduces peristaltic movement of the gut
- Enhances absorption of drug
- Reduces water and electrolyte loss from body
- Ensures early and complete recovery
In cattle & buffalo- 1 bolus BID for 3 days
Storage & Warning
Keep closed in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and safe from children.
Available in 1*1 in a mono cartoon with a shipper of 820 Boli.