Each ml. contains
Oxytetracycline Base 50 mg.
Propylene glycol q.s.
Oxytetracycline belongs to the group of tetracyclines and acts bacteriostatic against many Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria like Bordetella, Campylobacter, Chlamydia, E. coli, Haemophilus, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella, Rickettsia, Salmonella, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp. The action of oxytetracycline is based on inhibition of bacterial protein synthesis. Oxytetracycline is mainly excreted in urine, for a small part in bile and in lactating animals in milk
Arthritis, gastrointestinal and respiratory infections caused by oxytetracycline sensitive micro-organisms, like Bordetella, Campylobacter, Chlamydia, E. coli, Haemophilus, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella, Rickettsia, Salmonella, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp., in calves, goats, sheep and swine.
- Hypersensitivity to tetracyclines.
- Administration to animals with a serious impaired renal and/or liver function.
- Concurrent administration with penicillines, cephalosporines, quinolones and cycloserine.
- After intramuscular administration local reactions can occur, which disappear in a few days.
- Discoloration of teeth in young animals.
- Hypersensitivity reactions.
For intramuscular or subcutaneous administration:
1 ml. per 5 – 10 kg. body weight, for 3 – 5 days.
2 ml. per 5 – 10 kg. body weight, for 3 – 5 days.
Do not administer more than 10 ml. in swine and more than 5 ml. in calves, goats and sheep per injection site.
– For meat: 12 days.
– For milk: 5 days.
Storage & Warning
Keep closed in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and safe from children.
Available in 100 ml pack size.