Each uncoated bolus contains
Ceftriaxone 3 mg
Tazobactam 375 mg
Cefcon TZ injection is used for Bacterial infection, Bacterial infections of bones and joint infections, Bacterial infections of skin, Septicaemia, Acute otitis media, Skin and skin structure infections, Bacterial infections of vagina, Septicemia, Intra abdominal infections, Bacterial infection of stomach and other conditions. Cefcon TZ Injection may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Cefcon TZ injection contains Ceftriaxone and Tazobactum as active ingredients.
Cefcon TZ injection works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis; preventing destruction of antibiotics from chemicals released from bacteria.
Third generation cephalosporin with Beta lactamase inhibitor.
Cefcon TZ injection is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
• Bacterial infection
• Bacterial infections of bones and joint infections
• Bacterial infections of skin
• Acute otitis media
• Skin and skin structure infections
• Bacterial infections of vagina
• Lower respiratory tract infections
• Urinary tract infections
• Uncomplicated gonorrhea
• Pelvic inflammatory disease
• Intra-abdominal infections
• Bacterial infections of urinary tract
• Bacterial infections of stomach
• Bacterial infections of pneumonia
• Bacterial infections of abdominal infections
• Decrease in white blood cells
Cefcon TZ injection improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
• Inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis.
• Preventing destruction of antibiotics from chemicals released from bacteria
Mechanism of Action
The mechanism of action of tazobactam is as a beta Lactamase Inhibitor. Tazobactam is a penicillanic acid sulfone derivative and beta-lactamase inhibitor with antibacterial activity. Tazobactam contains a beta-lactam ring and irreversibly binds to beta-lactamase at or near its active site
Ceftriaxone interferes with the biosynthesis of the peptidoglycan component of the bacterial cell way by binding to and inactivating penicllin-binding proteins (PBPs). Tazobactam is a penicillanic acid sulfone derivative with β-lactamase inhibitory properties. It enhances the activity of β-lactam antibacterials against β-lactamase-producing bacteria
Ceftriaxone: 98% bound to plasma proteins; crosses the blood brain barrier. Tazobactam: About 30% bound to plasma proteins; widely distributed to tissues and body fluids
Pack of 3.375 gm