Each ml contains
Isoflupredone Acetate IP 2mg
The Isoflupredone glucocorticoid activity is approximately 50 times that of hydrocortisone and 10 times that of prednisolone and 67 times that of cortisone. The drug use intramuscular and intrasynovial injection, it metabolizes in liver and change to inactive lipids.
Isosafe is Isoflupredone Acetate injectable suspension which is the pregnancy safe corticosteroid with better glucocorticoid & mineralocorticoid activity.
Isosafe is a potent corticosteroid. It is indicated in certain situations requiring glucocorticoid, anti-inflammatory, and/or supportive effect in cattle, swine, and horses. May be used in the treatment of severe infections with toxicity, bovine ketosis, musculoskeletal conditions, allergic reactions, milk fever, infections, shock, dystocia, retained placenta, inflammatory ocular conditions, and other conditions. Isosafe is administered by deep intramuscular injection or intrasynovial route.
Bovine ketosis: Isosafe is an effective and valuable treatment for the endocrine and metabolic imbalance of primary bovine ketosis. The stresses of parturition and high milk production predispose the dairy cow to this condition. This adrenal steroid causes a prompt physiological effect, with blood glucose levels returning to normal or above within 8 to 24 hours following injection. There is a decrease in circulating eosinophils, followed by a reduction in blood and urine ketones. Isosafe should be used concurrently with proper local and parenteral antibacterial therapy, infusion solutions, and other accepted treatments for the primary conditions.
Musculoskeletal Conditions: As with other adrenal steroids, this preparation has been found useful in alleviating the pain and lameness associated with generalized and acute localized arthritic conditions in large animals. Isoflupredone has been used successfully to treat laminitis, rheumatoid and traumatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, tenosynovitis, bursitis, and myositis. Generalized muscular soreness, stiffness, depression, and anorexia resulting from overwork, shipping, unusual physical exertion, etc., respond promptly.
Isosafe has been found useful as supportive therapy in the treatment of the stress associated with parturient paresis i.e., milk fever. It should be given intramuscular, before or after the administration of the calcium infusion solutions commonly employed in treating the disease.
- Long-lasting: 48-hour gluconeogenic activity.
- Increases glucose levels quickly.
- Does not induce parturition.
- The product to reach for when glucocorticoid therapy is indicated in the management of stress and bovine ketosis.
- The only corticosteroid approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use exclusively in large animals, including lactating cattle.
- No milk withholding required; 7-day pre-slaughter withdrawal
- Long-lasting: 48-hour gluconeogenic activity
- Increases glucose levels quickly, with levels returning to normal within eight to 24 hours.
- Intramuscular (IM) dose is 10 to 20 mg, repeated in 12 to 24 hours if needed.
- The product to reach for when glucocorticoid therapy is indicated in the management of stress and bovine ketosis
- The only corticosteroid approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use exclusively in large animals, including lactating cattle
- No milk withholding required; seven-day pre-slaughter withdrawal.
Mechanism of Action
Isoflupredone is adrenocorticoid, enter to cytoplasm and joint to special receptors, the complex enter to cell nucleus and joint to DNA, stimulate to make mRNA and proteins. Glucocorticoid inhibits macrophage response to migration inhibiting factor, sensitization of lymphocytes and cellular response to mediators of inflammation.
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Allergic reaction
- Should not be use in human.
- When it use in the third months last of pregnancy, induce first signs of parturition, death fetus, inflammation of urinary.